The version 1.4 of the SQLite Sorcerer is just released !
Changes and more after the jump.
Continue reading »
I am proud to publish today the first public version of the SQLite Sorcerer, a new administration tool for SQLite databases, written in Flex 3 for Adobe AIR.
Continue reading »
UPDATE (8th of Apr 2009) : your new AIR admin tool for SQLite local databases is now available here !
There are already lots of good tools to manage SQLite databases (only a few developped in AIR) and I already use a good one (SQLite Administrator). But a few months ago, I had to update an AIR application and it was a real pain because of the change in the SQLite database. I was very lazy and I updated the installed database manually instead of developping a class that could perform the migration of the DB after the update of the application it-self. This was of course a very dirty way of working and I want to be more professional next time (even if the application is for the private use of my wife).
Then, in last December, I decided to start an actionscript class that could:
- compare 2 SQLite databases (the new version and the old one)
- generate the SQL statements to be executed for the migration of the installed database.
But 3 weeks ago, I felt that an AIR application that could compare SQLite db was interesting (this feature is not that common in the market of SQLite admin tools) but if the user have to create/edit his databases using another tool, it was not so user-friendly and convenient. As you can understand, I have been victim of gold-plating and now the app can and will do more than only database comparison…
Continue reading »
The SQLite Sorcerer or Darry BotAIR, for intimates, is a small SQLite administration application running with Adobe AIR™.
The SQLite Sorcerer can help you to perform the main administration tasks on your SQLite database:
- Create a new database from scratch, autocompacted or not,
- Compact, analyze / deanalyse a database
- Encrypt and rencrypt using a password or an existing hashed key: have a look here to learn more on the feature.
- Quickly open recently used databases
- Compare the structure of 2 databases !
- Just open a second database and the comparison is done !
- The result of the comparison is displayed in a datagrid with details
- Transfer items between databases
- Get the whole SQL code of the database.
- Create, delete, rename, copy with or without data
- Edit the structure of a table (use the context menu or double click)
- Changing all attributes of fields is allowed, including default values
- Add, delete or rename fields
- Define conflict clauses
- Add, delete or edit records directly in a data grid
- Filter data using keyword or regular expression
- View all data or use chunks to browse table content
- Empty tables
- Export data from tables or queries into CVS or TXT files
- Import data from a CSV or TXT file (taking into account of the character set)
- Type your sql and check the results
- Insert field or table names by double click or drag&drop in the SQL text area
- Define and use snippets to ease your query definition
- Save your query as a new view
- Define parameterized queries and execute it for different values
- Re-execute your queries using the History
- Import and execute a SQL file
- Views / Triggers
- Triggers are created in a handy form
- Views are created from the Query Panel
- The SQL code is highlighted.
Detailed features and screenshots:
Click a screenshot in the picture wall to enlarge it. Pass the mouse over the enlarged picture to get some "how to".
The SQLite Sorcerer is developped in Flex 3 for AIR. Its primary intend is to administrate local SQLite databases for AIR applications but not only, I would like it to be as "compatible" as possible. So don’t hesitate to send me feedbacks or bugs.
SQLite Sorcerer is free of charge. You are free to download it, use it and distribute it. The application will also auto-update each time a new version is published.
Nevertheless, if you decide to adopt SQLite Sorcerer as your favorite SQLite administration tool, you may want to make a donation. Especially if you are a company that uses this great tool in a commercial project.
How to make a donation ?
You can donate using the following Donation button
or using the donation button in the About (Hat) window of the application.
or you can simply flattr me :
Get it now !
Please upgrade your Flash PlayerThis is the content that would be shown if the user does not have Flash Player 6.0.65 or higher installed.
Downloaded a total of 8105 times