A new version of Mind2Tests is available for download but unfortunately, your installed version won’t be auto updated due to an issue in the AIR updater framework. To install the new version:
- uninstall the current version (v1.1)
- manually remove the Mind2Tests application folder
New versions of the pluginsare also linked to this new version so I advise to download and install the new version of your preferred plugins (from here).
Just for your information, here is the release note of this v1.2:
- Issue #5 - HIGH - Convert links to requirement dependencies
- Issue #23 - MEDIUM - Open sample directory in a native explorer (a folder containing samples files is actually created on your desktop)
- Issue #27 - HIGH - Allow to use prefixes on either item ids or item titles
- Issue #30 - MEDIUM - Auto install plugins as mind-mapping or testing tool
- The layout of the item editor has been reorganized.
- Fixed an issue occuring after install/uninstall of plugins.
Each mind-map converter must implement a mecanism for the generation of item ids. The current rule to generate ids is:
- Each item is numbered following its order within the map or within its parent
- The id is like an ordered list with indented lists in a word processing tool.
The Test case 2.3.4 is the 4th test in the 3rd sub test suite of the 2nd test suite of the map.
If you import a map and then change the order of some items or add new items, you will change the id of the "unchanged" items. Leading to potential errors or inconsistancies in your test management tool.
This will be managed in a next version and the integrity of item ids will be kept to allow any modifications and safe reimport.
To save the conversion result to files:
- From the Edit form, click the "Save" button
- See the "Auto save" option for a different workflow.
- Select a target directory on your computer or network
- Select the file format you want to generate
- Click one of the "Export type" button to generate the files
- These types correspond to the types that you can import in your test / requirement management tool.
By clicking the "Back" button, you return to the Edit form.
Mind2Tests allows you edit the conversion result before you save it to file.
You can edit item names, description, some properties as priority, type.
You can also edit the steps in a specific manner. To do so:
- If you want to edit the step descriptions, double click in the left column of the step list
- If you want to edit the expected results of a step, double click in the right column of the step list
- Edit the content
From here you can:
- Go to the next item by clicking the "Next" button
- Go to the previous item by clicking the "Previous" button
- Return to the step list by clicking the "Back to grid" button
- All your modifications are saved automatically. So the "Save" button doesn’t save the modifications, it just opens the Export form.
- If you edit a step description, the "Next" or "Previous" button will lead you to the next or previous step description within the test case, not the expected results of the current step. To edit the expected result of the currently edited step, go back to the grid and double click the adequat column.
- If you edit a step expected result, the "Next" or "Previous" button will lead you to the next or previous step expected result within the test case, not the step description of the current step. To edit the step description of the currently edited step, go back to the grid and double click the adequat column.